08/08/2013

Day 3: Shopping and Covent Garden

Tuesday, 06/August/2013


According to my timetable school started at 14:20. So I used my time in the morning to go shopping! I might have forgot to tell you but yesterday I've been to the giant Topshop in Oxford street and i got totally lost inside the store. But still i managed to find a perfect dark red pair of skinny jeans! I love them. So today i entered the Topshop, took a picture of the Cupcakes they sell on the Ground Floor (yes, that's right! They sell cupcakes AND also Frozen Yogurth. How cool is that?), and then i instantly left because i knew i would spend hours inside the shop and would never make it to the other shops. SO i went to Urban Outfitters, River Island (bought a beautiful black skirt), New Look (here i got a dark purple laced crop top, a one piece pyjama [!!], a pair of shoes and 2 cute headbands). I also discovered "The Photographer's Gallery". Read on if you want to know more about that!


DSC_0079


I went to school after finishing my shoppings and Jade introduced me to a girl called Louisa who was also from Germany! Even tho we could've talked German all the time we both prefered to talk Englisch because we are here in London to improve our Englisch. ;) (indeed, we don't talk English all the time but it's okay. We practice enough with other students and all the people around us and of course in class).


My first class at the EF London school was awesome! I sat next to Martha from Italy and Daria from Russia. In the lesson we played games, talked a lot to each other and also talked a lot about architecture which was really interesting!


Martha asked me if i wanna come to Covent Garden with her and a friend after school. Of course i wanted! Covent garden is a really beautiful place. There is this big market hall with many stores and little restaurants. In front of the market hall was a square where street performer would do some tricks. The "London Transport Museum" is also there but i didn't visit it.


DSC_0106


DSC_0109


DSC_0149


DSC_0154


So about "The Photographer's Gallery": While i was walking down Oxford Street i took a look at one little branch road and i saw a building with a writing that said 'The Photographer's Gallery". I found this really interesting as i really like photography! So i went to the building to find out it's a nice liitle café, a beautiful bookstore with loads of books with and about photography. It also sells supplies for analog cameras and polaroid cameras! It also, of course, has a gallery with beautiful pictures! If you're interested in photography you should really go there. Go visit their website for more information: http://thephotographersgallery.org.uk/

DSC_0084

Goodnight everyone! Laila xo

No comments:

Post a Comment