21/08/2013

Day 16: Boat Trip & Cinema

Monday, 19/August/2013

Every Monday EF offers you to go on the boat trip along the Thames. On my first Monday in London I gladly didn't join the trip because it was raning horribly and everyone returned like a drowned rat, haha. But I really wanted to do the boat trip so I joined it this Monday. We had an awesome weather by the way and it only costs 6 Pounds.

Before the trip I met Daria and we went to (my new favorite healthy restaurant) Tossed. I got a yummi breakfast sandwich and muesli. Then we went to Starbucks at Waterloo East, drank coffee and searched for cinemas because we planned on watching a movie in the evening.

DSC_0834

At 13:30 I went to the EF court yard to go together with A LOT of other people and some EF staff members to the boat Pier on the Thames opposite London Eye. The trip was fun and I took nice pictures and learned some things about different buildings. Our guide who talked was a funny guy and made some cool jokes,  haha!

DSC_0845

DSC_0881

DSC_0897

DSC_0900

DSC_0903

DSC_0906

DSC_0916
This is a (rather awkward) picture of me in front of the Tower Bridge :)
.
DSC_0919

DSC_0920
The Shard
.
DSC_0924

In the evening Daria and me went to Sheperd's Bush with the Central Line. We didin't have to search long for the cinema and we bought two tickets for Percy Jackson at the self service ticket machines. The cinema at Wetfields had a big selection of sweets, ice cream, popcorn (of course) and chips/nachos! It was really cool and Daria and me got each a little box filled with jelly sweets and chocolate bites. In the cinema we were almost alone! Only 5 more people sat with us in that big movie hall.
Finally the film started and I absolutely loved it. And Daria did as well. I mean I'm pretty used to watching DVD's in the original language but it's nothing compared to watching a movie in the cinema in its original language! I love going to the cinema more than anything but watching a movie in its original language is definitely another experience. It gives the movie something real and strong believeable touch.

Many cities have cinemas that offer movies in English! Just go and look them up if you'd like to watch a movie like that. ;)

After all I really enjoyed it.

Goodnight everyone! Laila xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment