21/08/2013

Day 15: Camden Market

Sunday, 18/August/2013

Today I got up unusually late! About 11am! But i still and even tho there were some construction works at the subway and overground trains I had to take going on, I managed to arrive at Camden Town (The Rail Replacement Bus Service helped me ;)). I was numbly. There was so much going on on the streets. Little shops at every corner (most of them selling fake stuff but whatever. It's about the atmosphere ;)), a lot of food, many Discount/Outlet Stores (Shoewear, Gap, Aldo) but also H&M, Urban Outfitters (they have special bags that say "Urban Outfitters Camden Town"), etc... ) There are a few different market halls. One for example is called The Stables Market. Near that one you'll find much food and people handing you chicken to try and buy. :) You'll also find a few Vintage stores in there.I'm gonna let my pictures speak for me now:

DSC_0786
The famous "Camden Lock" sign. If you see it you'll probably have to turn left to
enter the first market:
.
DSC_0785

DSC_0787
Inside. It's beautiful!
.
DSC_0795
Food court near the Stables market.
.
DSC_0796
The Stables Market aka Horse Tunnel Market.
.
DSC_0799
There were loads of those giant horse statues around the Stables!
.
DSC_0805
    Those guys draw really cool stuff just a few steps after the Camden Market.
They promoted a Battle going on on Friday!

I still gotta tell you a funny story that happened near the red bridge in Camden Town.

DSC_0813

DSC_0779

Innocently I stood there looking at the water when I suddenly saw three doves flying towards my direction. As they came near I saw that the one in the middle had something in his mouth. They came closer and closer and I realized it was a big, fat rat! The dove tried hard not to lose his good and I was afraid he'd lose it while flying over me. Luckily he didn't. He crossed the road in the middle and despite he was trying really hard he lost the rat on the other side of the road and it landed between all the people standing and walking there!

The scene remembered me of a Criminal Movie because the rat just landed there with a big noise and layed there dead. One woman who didn't pay attention walked over the rat! eww.. haha. But still it was really funny watching that scene.

Also in Camden Town I saw a really talented Busker. I listened to a few songs he covered and gave him all my change.^^ Here's a short cutout of him covering I'm yours by Jason Mraz.






I hope someday I'll to able to buy his album.

Goodnight!! Laila xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment