23/08/2013

Day 19: Tower of London, St. Paul's Cathedral, Trafalgar Square,....

Thursday, 22/August/2013

This morining it was raining cats and dogs! haha! Just kidding, it's just an english expression and it was raining ordinary water drops. ;) But still the weather caused a general oversleeping in class.^^ In the end we were almost complete and could do little funny sketches in class in which we had to use english expressions with animals (for example "as blind as a bat", "crows' feet" or "a old wise owl"). It was really funny!

I already finished school at 12:05 which meant that I could join the excursion to the Tower of Londom at 12:15! Tristan and about 14 other students also went there. The ticket costed around 18 Pound (bring you students ID card!). At the entrance I met a girl called Anya from Russia (also studying at EF). Together we explored theTower of London. Beautiful rooms, crowns and views! Sadly we couldn't see the Crown Jewels because there was such a long queue in front of entrace for the Crown Jewels and we already spent a lot of time looking at the other rooms and expositions.

DSC_0234

DSC_0196
  

DSC_0263

DSC_0265

DSC_0273

DSC_0294

Afterwards I took a bus to Trafalgar Square. Taking the bus was on the spur of the moment because I originally planned on traveling on the tube when I randomly saw a bus going to Trafalgar Square stoping right next to me! And generally I prefer the bus because you get to see sp much while the drive!

I left the bus at St. Paul's Cathedral stop and toured the just named Cathedral. It is an amzing church! I mostly love the little parks around the church and the square in front where you have a great view on the Cathedral.


DSC_0308

DSC_0309

DSC_0318

DSC_0324

DSC_0300

I got back to the bus stop  to continue my trip to Trafalgar Square. I've actually already been there when we went to the National Gallery with class but I had no chance to take some pictures then. I'm going to upload them AND the pictures + stories from Buckingham Palace tomorrow. It was a long day. Too long for one blog post. ;) I hope you're looking forward tomorrow!

Goodnight everyone! Laila xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment