07/08/2013

Day 1: London calling

Sunday, 04/August/2013


This morning i had a faboulus last breakfast at home. My flight took off at 4pm so i had enough time to do all my packing in the morning! Yes, i did all my packing on my departure day. Not such a good idea but don't we all learn from our mistakes, haha! (Seriously, if you have hard time packing things start a few days before or you'll end up like me throwing all of your stuff randomly in your lugagge.)

5c842d10fcfb11e2a9cf22000aaa0a6f_7

After packing my parents drove me to the airport. The woman at the check-in told us that all morning long have parents been dropping off their children at the airport. Looks like a lot of people are traveling with EF!

9c93e99cfd0811e2b98a22000a1fc40e_7


After a cappuccino i said goodbye to my parents and went trhu the security check. I had to take my shoes off! haha But the safety people were really kind.

I got really really excited when the boarding for my flight started! In the airplane i sat next to a british elderly couple. They spoke with a nice british accent and i was already looking forward landing in London.

As the pilot later said:Our flight really had a "rough beginning". There were a lot of air holes and surge. The stewardess even interrupted giving people their drinks. But the biggest air hole was just about to happen! Everybody on the plane flew for a split-second as we passed this imense air hole and the whole airplane was screaming! A women in the first row split her drink all over her and the ceiling. It was a bit of a scary but really funny moment.

At 5pm i finally arrived in London! Obviously my transfer expected me to leave at another exit but i found two EF staff members and they told my driver where he can find me. I didn't have to wait long at all.

I arrived at home at half past 7 because of all the traffic. I met my wonderful and lovely host family and had some fish and chips. What a perfect first meal at  London!

Goodnight everyone! Laila <3

No comments:

Post a Comment